Orlando, Florida – October 20, 2014 – (INTUITION by Perspective Group) – Resort Travel & Xchange (RTX), a leader in the timeshare and vacation ownership exchange industry with approximately 80,000 members was an ACE level sponsor at the Festiva Charitable Golf Tournament and commended the hospitality group for its successful event.
Festiva Hospitality Group held its fourth Festiva Charitable Fund Golf Tournament at the Wachesaw Plantation East golf course in Murrells Inlet, SC on September 22, 2014. A total of 33 teams and 132 golfers participated and with the addition of sponsors, raffle tickets and other donations, the event raised an impressive $87,606.
The Festiva Charitable Fund is managed by The Community Foundation of Western North Carolina, a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting and expanding philanthropy with a focus on youth education and eliminating poverty. Previous recipients of donations from the Festiva Charitable Fund have included:
- Room in the Inn Program of Homeward Bound Asheville, NC; a community-driven program partnered with local faith communities to provide overnight shelter for up to 12 women.
- Meals on Wheels; an organization that provides hot, nutritious meals to the elderly homebound located in Asheville, NC.
- Branson Veterans Task Force; a resource for both local and visiting veterans in the Branson, MO area that assists with everything from lodging and local remembrance events to information about churches, VA clinics and more.
- Sea Haven for Youth; an organization that offers emergency crisis services for youth ages 13 to 21 located in Myrtle Beach, SC.
- Second Harvest Food Bank; a private, nonprofit organization that collects, stores and distributes donated food to more than 550 nonprofit feeding partners in six Central Florida counties.
- The Police Athletic League; a nonprofit organization that aims to foster an atmosphere of friendship, cooperation, trust and mutual respect between the police officers of the community and its young people located in New Smyrna Beach, FL
The ACE level sponsorship is the highest level available and was RTX’s contribution to the event, along with the donation of a one-week vacation stay as a raffle prize to further assist with fundraising during the event.
“We were extremely grateful to have the support of RTX as well as other industry partners for this year’s golf tournament,” said Kristen Shiring, tournament organizer. “It was the most successful tournament we’ve had, and we are thrilled that we’ll be able to continue to help nonprofit organizations through the Charitable Fund as a result.”
RTX provides its members with the lowest exchange fees, flexible split-week reservations and the longest deposit period in the vacation exchange industry. In addition it offers extensive travel benefits and discounts.
For more information about RTX visit www.rtx.travel
Resort Travel & Xchange (RTX) is a timeshare and vacation ownership exchange company based in Asheville, N.C. RTX works with a number of resorts and developers throughout the world to provide the best exchange options possible to its members. In addition to exchange services, RTX offers a number of travel benefits to members such as trip protection, rebates, travel discounts and more. RTX has approximately 80,000 members.
About Festiva Charitable Fund
The Festiva Charitable Fund is a flexible endowment fund that began in 2006 with the intent of providing permanent charitable resources for all the communities where Festiva is located. The primary focus of the Festiva Charitable Fund is to promote education for our youth, eliminate poverty in our communities and support health and human services organizations. The charitable fund is also used to respond to extraordinary global events.
The Festiva Charitable Fund is managed by The Community Foundation of Western North Carolina, a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting and expanding philanthropy. For more information about the Festiva Charitable Fund or The Community Foundation of Western North Carolina, visit www.festiva.com/about.php or www.cfwnc.org.Tags: Festiva, RTX