2013 Development, Growth & Community Giving Set the Stage for a Successful and Prosperous Year
Anantara Vacation Club, a unique luxury vacation ownership product, is galloping into the Year of the Horse after an incredibly successful 2013, marked by a growing portfolio of award-winning properties, an increase in membership and Club owner satisfaction, facilities development and renovations and an increased community charitable presence. As Anantara Vacation Club comes out of the gates in 2014, it has taken the reins as Asia’s leader in the growing shared ownership market, providing a wide array of unique experiences and flexibility for owners.
“We are delighted with the exceptional growth and development our team achieved in 2013,” said Harold Derrah, CEO of Anantara Vacation Club. “Our entry into China and extended reach across Asia will fuel our continued growth. By investing in our properties, service culture, and local communities, we have set the stage for a successful 2014.”
Anantara Vacation Club launched in 2010 as a unique Shared Holiday Ownership concept offering discerning customers opportunities for 5-star vacations in Asia and beyond. In just three short years, Anantara has grown by leaps and bounds into a recognized industry leader. Through the acquisition, development and renovation of quality resort properties; its unique and flexible Club Points system; and the advantages offered by being part of the worldwide network of Anantara Hotels, Resorts & Spas, Anantara Vacation Club is poised for remarkable success in the coming years.
In the past year, Anantara Vacation Club marked several accomplishments, including:
Expanding and Enhancing the Portfolio of Anantara Vacation Club Properties
- The grand opening of the first purpose-built Signature Club Resort – Anantara Vacation Club Phuket Mai Khao located in northwest Phuket.
- The introduction of new suites at the Anantara Vacation Club Sanya, Hainan
- The completion of renovations at Anantara Vacation Club Bophut Koh Samui and Anantara Vacation Club Bali Seminyak
Increasing Reach into New Markets
- 2013 saw 100 percent growth in vacation club sales
- In 2013, Club Ownership grew by 75 percent to over 4,000 Club Owners
- Entry into China with the opening of new sales preview centers in Shanghai and Sanya
- Opening of 50-station call center in the Shanghai operations office
- Opened a marketing call center in Singapore
- Introduction of interactive technology into the sales process
- Customer satisfaction in 2013 is just short of 90 percent, placing Anantara in the top three hotels brands in Asia Pacific for customer satisfaction
- A new Club Service Center in Shanghai was opened in June 2013 to serve the growing number of interested Chinese consumers
- Multi-language customer call centers in Shanghai and Bangkok with capability to serve customers in nine different languages
- An improved Club website with multiple user-intuitive features (www.anantaraclub.com) and a new Club blog (www.anantaraclubblog.com)
- New online reservations and payment gateway functionality
- Club Owner Webinars offering tips and news for enhanced ways to utilize ownership benefits
Increased Club Benefits
- New preferred discount program for Anantara Hotels & Resorts
- New hotels added to the Club Escapes program providing new vacation options for Club Owners
- New Royal Adventures programs for Club Owners in the higher Platinum and Royal Club Ownership tiers
Recognition and Accolades
- 2013 South East Asia Property Awards – Best Shared Ownership Development for the Signature Club Resort, Anantara Vacation Club Phuket Mai Khao
- 2013 Thailand Property Awards – Highly Recommended: Best Architectural Design for Anantara Vacation Club Phuket Mai Khao
- Market Metrix, a leading worldwide consumer survey organization, places Anantara among the top three hotel brands in Asia Pacific for customer satisfaction
As it expands into multiple destinations, Anantara Vacation Club is committed to supporting the local communities through partnerships with schools, non-profit organizations and local government. A few examples of what Anantara Vacation Club did in 2013 include:
- Anantara Vacation Club Bophut Koh Samui – A 5K fun run to benefit cancer research and treatment; funded a scholarship at a local elementary school; supported the restoration of a local mangrove habitat.
- Anantara Vacation Club Phuket Mai Khao – Supports three different organizaitons, including “Phuket is Good to Us,” a charity based in Phuket and focused on enhancing the education of disadvantage children; the local Panyanukul School; and the local police station.
- Anantara Vacation Club Bali Seminyak – Supports “Bali Kids,” a charity helping children realize their full potential through education and opportunities, with various activities, including hosting The Bali Food Safari, a progressive dining experience showcasing Seminyak’s local restaurants.
Looking ahead to 2014, Anantara Vacation Club is focused on continued growth, putting down roots throughout Asia, and exceeding customer expectations. A few things to look for in the coming year include two new Anantara Vacation Club resorts; a new mobile app for Club Owners launching in the first quarter; special events for Club Owners in Shanghai, Hong Kong, Bangkok and Singapore; new signature adventure series for Royal and Platinum Club Owners; and a new monthly webinar series to help Club Owners maximize their benefits and investments.
For more information about ownership, please visit www.anantaravacationclub.com.
About Anantara Vacation Club
For hundreds of years throughout Thailand, people would leave a jar of water outside their house to provide refreshment and extend a welcome to the passing traveller. Anantara is taken from an ancient Sanskrit w ord that means ‘without end’, symbolising this sharing of water and the heartfelt hospitality that lies at the core of every Anantara experience.
Launched in December 2010, Anantara Vacation Club (AVC) is a unique Shared Ownership concept which offers a points based multiple destination flexible Shared Holiday Ownership option for discerning consumers wishing to holiday in Asia and beyond.
The Club Resort Collection currently comprises a Signature Club Resort in Phuket, a selection of luxury private villas on the islands of Koh Samui in Thailand and Bali, Indonesia, along with a selection of suites in Queenstown, New Zealand, Bangkok, Thailand and Sanya, China. Over the next five years, the Club will include up to 10 more resorts and expand its marketing reach further in China and in the Middle East. Sales preview centres can be found in Bali, Indonesia, , Koh Samui and Phuket in Thailand, along with Shanghai and Sanya in China.
In addition to utilising the Club Resorts, Club Owners enjoy the opportunity to stay at Anantara Hotels, Resorts & Spas worldwide under the Club Escapes Privileges Program. Anantara currently operates 29 hotels and resorts in eight countries, with further properties scheduled to open in 2013 and beyond. The Club Owners holiday options are further enhanced by an affiliation to Resort Condominiums International (RCI) which opens up access to over 4,000 resorts worldwide. For more information, visit www.anantaravacationclub.com
Original Source: Anantara Vacation Club Gallops Into The Year Of The Horse
Perspective Magazine is the largest independent trade publication for the timeshare and fractional ownership industry globally. Syndication by INTUITION, a leading brand marketing service by Perspective Group.