Interval International, a prominent worldwide provider of vacation services and an operating business of Interval Leisure Group (Nasdaq: IILG), has exceeded expectations with Club Interval GoldSM, a points-based exchange and membership program designed specifically for owners of fixed- or floating-week timeshares. Since the spring launch, 16 resort developer clients, representing 25 timeshare resorts, are selling the program and reporting measurable sales increases.
“Club Interval Gold represents the ultimate in transaction flexibility and is a valuable sales tool that makes the vacation ownership product even more desirable to new purchasers and existing owners,” said David Gilbert, Interval’s executive vice president of resort sales and marketing.
Gilbert’s enthusiasm is echoed by Travis Taylor, project director at Williamsburg Plantation in Virginia’s historic Colonial Williamsburg area. “Club Interval Gold has been an asset to the sales process — customers really enjoy the flexibility and transparency. It offers so many options, that members can use their ownership more often.” [member]
From day one of enrollment, members are able to use their points to enhance their vacation exchange experiences in the following ways:
- Exchange through Interval’s worldwide network of approximately 2,600 resorts.
- Use points across various locations, unit sizes, and seasons, and for as many stays as available points allow.
- Combine deposits to trade up to larger units and/or higher-season vacations.
- Apply points toward the purchase of a cruise, spa, or golf vacation.
“We designed and implemented Club Interval Gold so that our resort clients could offer their owners the best of both worlds. Members can still exchange in the traditional way for vacations of similar value, or convert to points and redeem them for a variety of alternatives,” Gilbert noted. “Developers also appreciate the fact that consumers can access resorts across Interval’s network, not just those participating in Club Interval Gold.”
Dave Stroeve, director of sales at Grand Lodge on Peak 7 in Breckenridge, Colorado, agreed and confirmed an increase in sales tours at the resort because more customers want to hear about the program. “Our owners are looking to the future and realize the benefits associated with Club Interval Gold will provide exchange possibilities not available today.
In addition to the flexibility that members enrolled in Club Interval Gold enjoy in utilizing their points, they receive a number of Interval International and Interval Gold® travel and leisure benefits, which may vary by market:
- Getaway discounts – $25 off the prices of all Getaway vacation rentals.
- ShortStay ExchangeSM – Take as many quick breaks (from two to six nights each) as available points allow.
- VIP ConciergeSM – 24/7 personal assistance for purchasing concert tickets, making dinner reservations, and more.
- Hotel, Dining, and Leisure Discounts – Access to more than 90,000 premium discounts from Entertainment® at IntervalWorld.com.
- Hertz #1 Club Gold® – Complimentary membership that provides expedited car rentals at more than 1,000 locations in 23 countries.
- Interval Travel® for airline tickets and rates often unavailable to the general public on cruises, hotel stays, and rental cars.
- Member publications including the Interval International Resort Directory (available through complimentary iPhone®, iPad®, BlackBerry®, and AndroidTM apps, as well), Interval World® magazine, and Go IntervalWorld.com newsletter.
Club Interval Gold is the latest in a long line of flexible vacation exchange options from Interval. Since 1994, developers who offer points-based clubs have had the opportunity to integrate their products with Interval’s quality vacation network through points-based exchange. Club Interval Gold now provides this important flexibility in a turn-key format for developers who have not created their own proprietary programs.
About Interval International
Interval International operates membership programs for vacationers and provides value-added services to its developer clients worldwide. Based in Miami, Florida, the company has been a pioneer and innovator in serving the vacation ownership market for 35 years. Today, Interval has an exchange network of approximately 2,600 resorts in over 75 nations. Through offices in 15 countries, Interval offers high-quality products and benefits to resort clients and approximately 2 million families who are enrolled in various membership programs. Interval is an operating business of Interval Leisure Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: IILG), a leading global provider of membership and leisure services to the vacation industry. [/member]