New Membership and Exchange Program Combines the Best of Vacation Ownership
Interval International, a prominent worldwide provider of vacation services and an operating business of Interval Leisure Group (Nasdaq: IILG), extends its innovative product line-up with Club Interval GoldSM, a points-based exchange service for owners of fixed- or floating-week timeshares. The global program combines all the membership benefits of Interval International and Interval Gold® and offers a more flexible vacation exchange experience. While Club Interval Gold is purchased directly from participating Interval-affiliated resorts, new buyers and existing owners who enroll in the program will be served by dedicated advisors through Interval’s Member-Services Centers.
“Since 1994, Interval has offered members with points-based interests the ability to trade points for traditional weeks. More recently, Gold members have also been able to take advantage of ShortStay Exchange for as many vacations as their points allow,” said Jeanette Marbert, Interval’s chief operating officer. “Now, Club Interval Gold offers week-owners the flexibility to convert their vacation time into points. They can use points to access resorts in our worldwide network, or redeem them to travel as they choose, from a weekend golf getaway to a weeklong family cruise. We know that consumers will enjoy the many advantages of this exciting new program.” [member]
From day one of enrollment, Club Interval Gold members can utilize their points to further enhance their vacation exchange experiences in the following ways:
* Exchange throughout Interval’s worldwide network of approximately 2,600 resorts.
* Choose ShortStay ExchangeSM to take as many quick breaks (from two to six nights each) as available points allow.
* Search and confirm across various locations, unit sizes, and seasons, and for as many stays as available points allow.
* Combine deposits to increase the points balance and trade up to larger units and/or higher-season vacations.
* Select Interval Options® to apply points toward the purchase of a cruise, spa, or golf vacation.
Club Interval Gold also adds value to Interval’s resort-developer clients at the point of sale, with minimal operational change and no upfront inventory commitments. “We have created a program that is flexible for both our developers and their owners,” added David Gilbert, executive vice president of resort sales and marketing for Interval. “It can be used exclusively at the point of sale, as an upgrade program, or both. Owners are not obligated to join for a minimum number of years, and they control their home resort weeks until they determine how to use them. It really does offer the best of both worlds to our valued resort clients and consumer members.”
Club Interval Gold members also receive these travel and leisure benefits, which may vary by market:
* Getaway Discounts – $25 off the prices of all Getaway vacation rentals.
* VIP ConciergeSM – 24/7 personal assistance for purchasing concert tickets, making dinner reservations, and more.
* Hotel, Dining, and Leisure Discounts – Access to more than 75,000 premium discounts from Entertainment® at IntervalWorld.com.
* Hertz #1 Club Gold® – Complimentary membership that provides expedited car rentals at more than 1,000 locations in 23 countries.
* Interval Travel® for rates often unavailable to the general public on cruises, hotel stays, rental cars and airline tickets.
* Member publications including the Interval International Resort Directory (available through complimentary iPhone®, iPad®, and BlackBerry® apps as well), Interval World magazine, and the Go IntervalWorld.com newsletter.
About Interval International
Interval International operates membership programs for vacationers and provides value-added services to its developer clients worldwide. Based in Miami, Florida, the company has been a pioneer and innovator in serving the vacation ownership market for 35 years. Today, Interval has an exchange network of approximately 2,600 resorts in over 75 nations. Through offices in 14 countries, Interval offers high-quality products and benefits to resort clients and approximately 2 million families who are enrolled in various membership programs. Interval is an operating business of Interval Leisure Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: IILG), a leading global provider of membership and leisure services to the vacation industry. [/member]